Friday, September 19, 2008

Sunday Morning Coffee Cake

Very tender, moist, & great flavor. Best coffee cake recipe I've ever tried (and we make it a lot now).
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 egg whites, slightly beaten

TOP:

  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

***Cream butter & sugar, mix in yolks. In separate small bowl, sift flour, baking powder, & salt. Add dry mixture alternately with milk. Fold in beaten egg whites last. Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar. Bake in greased 9" x 9" pan 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out dry.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I absolutely love this cake! I had been craving this for a long time and couldn't wait to make it when I got the recipe from Carrie! Yeah!