This is one of my favorite luncheon/babyshower/wedding shower/just in the mood, item.
2 lbs Chicken Breast (shredded or chunks that have been COMPLETELY cooled)
1 C Water Chestnuts chopped
1/2 Bunch Green Onions
1 Small Can Mandarin Oranges
1 Can Pineapple (crushed pineapple, drained)
1 Cup Grapes (halved)
1 Cup Apples (diced)
1 Cup Slivered Almonds
1/2 C Mayo
1/2 C Sour Cream
Mix all together adding more mayo and sour cream if needed and Serve in Pitas, Rolls or Croissants (Costco croissants are the BEST!!! Of Course! ;))
My mom had written down that you can also flavor the chicken with 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar, 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice & 1/4 teaspoon of salt...I just put the chicken in a crock pot overnight with chicken bullion cubes and water and let it cook that way...this other way might add to the taste though.
2 comments:
YUM! Thanks Shanda! I have that same recipe I always use, but it's losing it's 'luster'- this sounds so good & might be my new replacement! I love chicken salad, too (tip for chicken salad lovers: Arby's has a market fresh chicken salad sandwich which is great when you want drive through that's not deep fried whatever).
Post a Comment