Monday, September 15, 2008

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Mmmm... we love this in our house, it's one of our "regulars". It's kinda spicy for kids, so Sawyer just eats the noodles (only the chicken gets the real spice seared in).
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips or bite sized pieces
  • 1 Tablespoon cajun seasoning
  • 1 cup chopped green onions
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 lb. angel hair pasta
  • 3 Tablespoons parmesan

***In skillet over medium heat, cook butter in garlic for 30 seconds. Stir in chicken and cajun seasoning, cook until chicken is cooked through (pure white). Stir in green onions, cook 3 minutes. Add cream, increase to high heat & boil for 1 minute (sauce will be very thin). Toss with cooked angel hair pasta, then sprinkle with parmesan. Serves 4.

*Feel free to change amounts in this dish- more or less cajun (I use a lot), more green onions (I like a lot), as much cheese as you want, etc.

~I DID find cajun seasoning at Walmart now. It's like they heard me complaining about it out loud as I looked (and couldn't find any) a few weeks ago! It's Weber brand, with a black label.

2 comments:

Irish Cream said...

Where do you get the cajun seasoning?

Kindt Family said...

You know, I always just bought it at my grocery stores, but I just went to buy some more last week & this Walmart didn't carry any. Weird! Please let me know if you find a store with it, and I'll do the same.