- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Crisco (butter flavor crisco if you've got it is slightly better)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 12 oz. bag Chocolate Chips
***Cream butter, shortening, sugars & vanilla. Add eggs & mix well. Add dry ingredients & mix. Add chocolate chips & mix. Drop spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375* for 7-10 minutes, one batch at a time.
***The secret to greatness is in the timing- take cookies out of the oven when most have developed golden brown edges (don't wait for them to be brown on top at all). Take off cookie sheet to cool. Eat what you want warm, then make sure to store leftovers TIGHTLY sealed while cookies are still barely warm- in a ziploc bag with the air sucked out, or tightly against a plate with saran wrap, etc. These cookies do dry out rather fast & aren't great the next day (their only downfall!), so unless you're making them for a big group, a half batch is usually best.
3 comments:
This drives Dan crazy, but I always freeze our cookies. I hate it when cookies go stale, so that's how I prevent it. You can stick them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up, or just put them in a baggy, stick them in your husbands lunch & by the time its time to eat they have thawed & they are still soft--Dan's requirement. ;) Be careful when microwaving though, we once microwaved too long and chocolate tends to burn! :)
I reiterate the key to taking the cookies out of the oven when they're just barely golden brown.
I've also heard that letting the dough sit overnight in the fridge sets the dough better and makes a better cookie.
Excellent Cookie Recipe! I made these today and my husband and I totally love them. Thanks!
Post a Comment