Saturday, April 11, 2009

Creamy Coleslaw

This coleslaw is so yummy! I think it tastes just like KFC's. And it's cheap, too! I bought a small head of cabbage instead of a "coleslaw kit", and I figured it cost around 50 cents to make about 10 cups of coleslaw.

Toss together:
9 1/2 cups of shredded cabbage (Like I said, I just bought a small head of green cabbage and cut it into small pieces. It only took about 5 minutes, tops)
1/2 c grated carrot (I only used one, and I used a potato peeler to make the pieces longer)
1/4 c minced sweet onion (I probably used half of that)

In a small bowl, whisk:
1/2 c mayo
1/3 c sugar
1/4 c milk
2 1/2 TB lemon juice
1 1/2 TB vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste

Mix dressing with cabbage. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving. (You technically could eat it right away; the onion is a little less subtle.)

No comments: