I've brought this to a few parties, and it's always been big hit. The good/bad thing is you keep going back for more to find that perfect combination of toffe, nut and crisp. Mmmmmm.
1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
1 tablespoon margarine/butter
6 cups Cinnamon* Crispix cereal
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup toffee chips
In a microwave-safe dish, combine butterscotch topping and margarine. Cook on high for 1-1/2 minutes. In a large bowl (small enough and safe to microwave), place six cups of cereal. Pour and stir melted topping. Stir in nuts. Return to microwave and cook for 3 minutes.
Toss in toffee chips. Mix well. Spread out on a cookie sheet and refrigerate until cool. Break up and serve.
*If you can't find Cinnamon Crispix, you can add 1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon when you add the nuts.
**This recipe is gluten free
***Toffee chips can be found near the chocolate chips on the baking aisle in the grocery store.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ohhhh, I just got a bunch of toffee chips on clearance at Martins...I might have to make this ($1.89 a bag!). But later, I have that wedding to attend and I need to fit in the clothes the bride picked out for me. ;)
Post a Comment