Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fudge Pudding

I really enjoy this--but it's VERY rich, so you'll only need a little.

2 eggs
1 C sugar
1/2 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick butter
2 HEAPING Tbsp cocoa
1 running over tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C finely chopped pecans (optional, but good)

Preheat oven to 300F. Beat eggs, sugar, flour, and salt together. Melt butter (in saucepan or microwave) mix with cocoa. Dump butter and cocoa into egg mixture. Stir well, add vanilla. Pour mixture into greased loaf pan, set the loaf pan in a pan of water, and bake for 40 min. Do not overcook!!

We doubled this, but didn't double the sugar, and it still tasted great. I'm not one for things being too sweet. If you don't double it (and really, I don't recommend doubling it, as we only ate half of it (the four of us, two toddlers who enjoy a sweet or two included), but the rest will sit in the fridge for later, I'm sure), I would recommend only putting in 1/2 to 3/4 C sugar. But, I suppose you could follow the recipe if you like things super sweet.

No comments: